Monday, September 15, 2008

She Said Yes!

Seven years ago, almost to the hour, Ben proposed to me. It was one of the most fun, surreal nights of my life. I kinda suspected something was up and bought a new outfit for the occasion.
He took me to dinner at Olive Garden (my favorite at the time), and we ordered a meal to split. Well, when he didn't even eat half of his half, I knew that he has nervous about something! Those of you who know Ben know that he eats all of his food, then licks the plate clean!
Anyway, then we drove back to the church where we were serving at the time and he sent me on an errand so he could set up. When I came back into the sanctuary, he led me to the altar and had roses sitting there, and a card. He told me to open the card, which said, "Congratulations, You're Engaged!" (guess he was pretty sure of the answer!)
Then he got down and one knee and asked me to be his wife. It was the most beautiful proposal. I'm so glad I said yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved reading that again, even though I already knew the story, it's so SWEET!