Sunday, September 28, 2008

Not Me Monday!

Okay, so I am following this blog that I love (praying for her unborn precious baby and love her writing style!) and the author is starting a new contest called "Not Me Monday" where one can quite therapeutically relay events that she did NOT do that past week. Does that make sense? So here goes... my first Not Me Monday (Sunday!)

1.) I certainly did not take Tylenol PM one night just so I could sleep late the next morning while my kids were at my parents. Nope, that is irresponsible. And if I HAD done it, it probably would have only allowed me to sleep until 8 a.m. anyway. So I am glad I did NOT do that!

2.) I did NOT look the other way when my dog relieved himself, and I ain't talking peeing here, in a neighbor's yard. Nope, once again, irresponsible.

3.) I did not go out in public in a hideous red vest, even if it were to be for a volunteering banquet and that is our uniform. And over my dead body I did certainly did not go with my husband dressed exactly the same way. How nerdy is that?

4.)I did not completely enjoy my week off with my children at their grandparents/aunt and uncle's house. Nope, I was pining away all day when I didn't have to clean poopy diapers, break up fights between a one and three-year-old and certainly was not happy to go to the grocery store alone!

5.) And with the above said, I did NOT race my husband out to the driveway when they got back and argue over whom got the kids first! :)

Because really, I did miss 'em!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list!! Glad you're participating:) Thanks for the shout out and yeah for your great view of marriage!!!!

A. T. said...

Great list!

I've got a 1 year old girl and an almost 3 year old boy! They keep us hopping don't they?

Mrs. H said...

It's so great to have a little alone time, but so wonderful when everyone comes home!

Enjoyed your list! We in TX too! North East Texas to be exact!

Hope Ike was good to you!

Krystal
www.holtsrus.blogspot.com

Mike and Katie said...

I took that Tylenol PM one night last week when I was sick and then had to get up to take care of the baby was also sick! Not fun! Bad plan! Daddy tried hard to get the baby back to sleep but no luck.

Esther said...

Hey, that's a great list! I haven't done that with my dog either!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Ahh....the grocery store ALONE! I'm all for that one!

Jennifer said...

Love your list! And I would never enjoy time alone without my kids...nope, never! NOT ME!!

Weeksie50 said...

You guys sound like to much fun..
Did you win the race to the kids?

Kameron said...

I never do that with benedryl either!!!

T said...

I bet you looked cute in your red vest! And if not atleast you were doing a good thing!

Lizze said...

For what it's worth, I did not enjoy shopping without my 2y and 3m. And then I also did not race my husband to see who got hugs and kisses first.

Nope, I didn't do tjhose things either. ;)

Kristen said...

Great list! Love #2.

Ashley said...

glad i'm not the only one who feels "not" guilty when the kids are away.
speaking of marriage...have you seen the new movie fireproof yet??