Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Wow, it's been a while since I have participated, so time for some confessions! :)
MckMama hosts a blog carnival each and every week for us imperfect moms to tell all! You really should head over and check it out... she is a true blessing!

I did not pop out of bed this morning and come straight to do "Not Me Monday." Nope, not that excited about it!

I have not let my children stay up until 11:00 or later some nights because of the holidays. Because the holidays are over, and we are back on a strict schedule. ;) And last night was not one of those nights, because they were in bed by 8:00. ha!

Last night, I did NOT feed my children (and my nieces!) chocolate for dinner- brownies and ice cream to be exact- at the Chocolate Bar. Nope, I am much more responsible parent than that. Hey, if I did do it, it's because it was my daughter's birthday.

We did not take our son out in public yesterday wearing a shirt he had "decorated" with a pen during church. And added more "decorations" during lunch. I always inspect my children before taking them out!

My house does not look like a tornado hit it because I don't get tired of picking the same toys up over and over and over and over and over again. Nope, I tirelessly pick them up 57 times a day so my house always looks like a model home!

4 comments:

BethanyM said...

I just read yours too and just remembered that we had leftover chocolate birthday cake for breakfast this morning! I liked yours and can really relate about the bedtimes, especially.

That is SO cool that you are church planters. I will have to come back later and read more...after we have a real lunch!

Kelli W said...

I am SUPER sympathetic about the tornado of toys in your{and mine} house!!! I always feel like there are toys everywhere....and it never ends. I just wish someone could explain why kids feel that they have dump out an entire basket of toys if they are only going to play with two of them!! Love your name!!

Anna said...

Ugh... I understand the tornado!!! My new goal is to invite friends over way more often cause then my house will get cleaned! hehe...

Great Not Mes!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Love your NMM! Sounds like we have a lot in common...I had lots of NMM that involve my NOT so strict bedtime routines over the holidays!

Have a great week!