Sunday, October 5, 2008

Not Me Monday, take 2

Okay, time for another round of things I did NOT do this week! Isn't this therapeutic? You really should try it!

First of all, I did NOT stay up a little later than I planned, just to see if MckMama started her contest early (again!) so I could go ahead and post tonight. Nope, not me.

I truly did NOT put back a $1 Christmas ornament my son broke accidentally at Hobby Lobby because I was tired and perhaps a bit crabby. And because the cashiers seemed even more tired and definitely crabbier. Nope, that would be something an irresponsible parent would do.

I did not make homemade popcorn almost every night this week for hubby and me to eat (after the kids were in bed!), since I did not just discover a great new method thanks to my friend Fabia and Alton Brown! Nope, too much junk!

Something Landon did NOT do: Say, "you have to be careful, babe," when I slammed on my brakes in traffic today- (always fun driving through a Houston Texans game on your way to church!) Landon has NOT heard me say that to Ben when I think he gets too close to other drivers. Nope, that is so not kind of me!

Allie did NOT pick up dog poop out of the yard and throw it at me. Nope, she's a girly girl!

I did not bust my rear falling out of a lawn chair (possibly it broke?) last night. Don't ask my sister, I wasn't talking on the phone to her when it happened!

And lastly, last night I did NOT NOT NOT make brownies using black beans instead of oil and eggs. YUCK! And I certainly would not feed them, unwittingly, to my husband and his best friend. Nope, that's cruel. But just in case you want to know about these, ask, and I'll tell you about someone else that did do it!

One thing I did do, though, is have a great Sunday worshipping in our brand new church! And maybe have to ask forgiveness for the ornament I didn't put back.
Have a great Monday, y'all!

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you had a week like mine!

I had to click over and see about your new church. It looks amazing! I hope all goes well.

Kelsey said...

wow black beans in brownies? I've never heard of the that before lol..was that on purpose?

Also I didn't just laugh out loud at your son's response to driving in crazy traffic!

Jennifer said...

I didn't keep checking MckMama's blog for an early post either! That would be insane!

erin said...

funny!
DEFINITELY want to hear about the brownies!

Weeksie50 said...

Those brownies sound crazy..
Ugh. I hate traffic.

Shanan Strange said...

The dog poop tossing was the best!

heidi said...

Do tell about the brownies! I have popcorn as my snack nearly every day. Shh. And I have never, ever in my whole gosh darned life EVER put back something my kid broke.

;-)

Unknown said...

Okay, so about the brownies. Apparently it is a Weight Watchers recipe. Literally, all you do is drain a can of black beans, rinse them really, really well to get the goop off and then put them back in the can, then fill the can with water. Then, puree the beans w/ the water, and add this puree to a boxed brownie mix, and cook as directed. That's it! So, you don't add any fat but add tons of fiber. And really, they are GOOD and really moist. Hubby, his friend, my kids had NO idea.
Try them and let me know what you think!

Mrs. H said...

OK so Kelli you answered my question before I could ask it! I wanted to know too about the black beans! Another easy better for you recipe is 1 box of devil cake and 1 can of pure pumpkin! Makes yummy muffinS1 Super easy too with tons fiber!

I enjoyed your list! I'm soooo horrible about saying things while I'm driving that I should not have said! I'm trying though...that is too get better!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats on your new church. AWESOME!!! We'll be down next month for heart and liver clinic. We'll miss the Heather's by a week! It gets hard to socialize when you only have to go every 6 months, but I'm not complaining!!! Take care!

Ivy Haynes

Marcus and Meg Asby said...

This was hilarious. :)

And, random question: how did you get that visitor counter at the bottom of your blog?