Wednesday, July 2, 2008

God's ways, not ours

So I have finally decided to join the world of bloggers. Hey, I was an English teacher for a while, so why not write? I also figured now is the time to start... new city, new church, new life, new blog.
So far I am loving Houston. Not loving that I miss my family terribly, but I know that we should be here. Period. God is opening some amazing doors for our church and I can't wait to see what he has in store for us.
Before the move, I started the study "Experiencing God." It is an excellent study, and today I read something I wanted to share. Henry Blackaby states, "Human reasoning will not give you God's perspective." So simple, yet I forget it so easily.

  • EVERYTHING in the medical center is SO expensive... but God knows that
  • There are so many people to reach, so few of us... but God knows that
  • I, personally, am scared to death... but God knows that

In His infinite mercy and grace, God has chosen us to be here at this time. It may not make sense humanly speaking (2 country folks in Houston!), but God's perspective is so different than mine. It is my prayer that my persepective becomes more like his.

1 comment:

amyvol913 said...

Kelli and Ben,
I'm SO excited about your new ventures in the BIG city! I just wanted to remind you of Isaiah 55:8-9 when God says that HIS ways are higher than our ways. God is SO in control if we ALLOW Him to be. WOW! I'm constantly in amazement of God and He will do if we submit to His ultimate authority! If you need anything (i.e. specific prayer, physical needs, spiritual needs, etc.) PLEASE let us know!