Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thai Shrimp soup

My friend Linda took me to a Thai place a few months ago, where we experienced a crazy-good shrimp soup. It had been a while since I had tasted it, but I wanted to try to recreate it. It is not exactly the same, but I think it turned out pretty tasty! Enjoy.

Thai Shrimp-Coconut Soup

1 Tbs. curry powder
1 Tbs. garlic
2 Tbs. soy sauce
½ Tbs. fish sauce
½ Tbs. sesame oil
2 cans coconut milk
2 cans broth (beef or chicken)
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 pkg. rice noodles
1 lb. shrimp
1 Tbs. lime juice
Chopped cilantro

Soak rice noodles in cold water for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, put remaining items (minus shrimp and cilantro) into a large pot and simmer. Drain noodles after 30 minutes and add to soup. Bring to a boil and add shrimp. Cook for five more minutes. Garnish with cilantro.


No comments: